Somewhere between bread and cake lies this beauty. Its wholewheat and only slightly sweet, so you don''t have to feel too guilty about having a slice or two. (or three)
INGREDIENTS - 1 LOAF
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini/courgette - If there is too much water, squeeze it out before putting it in the batter.
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 165°C
- Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- Toast seeds in pan over medium heat. Toss frequently to avoid burning. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil and honey. Whisk until combined. Add eggs and mix well. If your coconut oil solidifies on contact wth cold ingredients, just heat it up for 20 secs in the microwave, or place somewhere warm for a little while.
- Add the spices, cinnamon and nutmeg, add vanilla, salt, milk and baking soda. Whisk together. The using a big spoon, stir in zucchini, and flour. Add seeds.
- Pour into your greased loaf pan. Sprinkle with toasted seeds and cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea.