If you are looking for something light yet delicious, then this is the recipe for you. It will make you feel good gobbling this down, not only is it super healthy, it's oh-so tasty!! I made it for my husband the other night, and he is the kinds guy who eats all his veg super quick to get it out of the way, and he loved it!
Ingredients - Serves 2 (maybe with a little left over!)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 stock cube
- 1 cups Arugula/Rocket
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Six Seed Mix (Check previous post)
- Smoked fish / Feta ( optional)
- Lemon Mustard Sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tps honey
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- Rinse quinoa in a pot, this helps to remove the saponin which is what can give quinoa a bitter taste. I like to rub the quinoa in my hands to help get rid of the saponin quicker. Pour out the water and rinse again until the water is pretty much clear.
- Add water and stock cube to the pot, place on a medium heat and wait till it boils. Leave it to simmer until most of the water on top of the quinoa is gone. Then turn down low and cover. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Turn off and leave lid on.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and spoon in the sauce. Mix well. Add the mint, peas, edamame, spring onions and seed mix. Mix well.
- Spoon the quinoa over a bed of rocket arugula. If you are adding feta or fish to your dish, then crumble it over the top.
- Dig in.