So it's day one of our FIT & FABULOUS FEBRUARY calendar. Each day we give you something to indulge in, great exercises, yoga flows, delicious treats, healthy snacks, beauty hacks, it's going to be great. We feel that every day should involve something enjoyable, even if its "naughty".
We thought we would start with a challenge, this way you can track your progress over the month. So every Wednesday it's time to get your challenge on, and record your attempts. Post them on Insta or scribble it down on a piece of paper, it's totally up to you. Do it once a week, or do it everyday, we would recommend you do it at least 3 times a week... but it totally depends on how much you want to push yourself, and how sexy you want your guns to be. :)
You can share your progress with us via #FitFabFeb for your chance to win some sweet prizes. We will do it too and you can see our updates and tips on our Instagram page @ohsosom.
What you've got to do....Follow the instructions below, then every week we will be extending the time by 15 seconds.
- Chaturanga Press ups - How many can you do in 30 seconds?Come into high plank. Come forward on your tippie toes, lower down Chaturanga. Repeat. Things to remember: Elbows squeeze in to your sides. Draw your navel in. No sinking hips. No sinking shoulders.
- Dolphin press ups - How many can you do in 30 seconds? Come into downward facing dog. Slowly lower your elbows to the floor. Lift and lower. Repeat. Things to remember: Elbow squeezing in. Shoulders away from your ears. Navel to spine. Ribs squeezing towards one another.
- Tricep dips - How many can you do in 30 seconds? Place your hands about a foot behind you, fingers pointing towards your feet. Straighten your arms, leaving a slight bend in your elbows. Lift your hips up, knees bent or legs straight out in front of you. Bend your elbows about 90° and lower your body to the floor. Straighten your arms lifting yourself back up. Repeat. Things to remember: Keep your shoulders away from your ears.
- Forearm plank lean in - How many can you do in 30 seconds? Come into a forearm plank, hands interlaced in front of you. Come forward on your toes, shoulders going past your elbows. Return back to your original position. Repeat. Things to remember: Don't drop your hips. Draw navel in.
- Plank Hold - Hold it for 30 seconds. Things to remember: Hands shoulder width apart. Press into hands. Puff up the middle part between shoulder blades. Draw naval into spine. Tailbone shoots to heels. Chest draws forwards. Shoulders away from ears.
- WEEK 1 - 30 seconds
- WEEK 2 - 45 seconds
- WEEK 3 - 1 minute
- WEEK 3 - 1 minute 15 seconds (yikes)
You do this 3 times a week and we promise you you will be stronger, leaner and all those arm balances will become so much easier!!