If you love Spiced Chai Tea Latte as much as I do, then you are going to love this. As much as i love them, they are generally a little too sweet. There was one spot when I was at university in Brighton, at the train station, and they made the perfect Soya Chai Tea Latte. Nice and spicy, not too sweet. So good.
So instead of paying for an overly sweet tea, try this out. Feel free to vary the spice mix to suit your tastes.
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 4 inches Fresh Ginger Sliced and Crushed
- 10 whole Cardamom Pods
- 4 whole Star Anise Pods
- 10 whole Cloves
1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Freshly-ground Nutmeg
- 1 Orange - Zest
- 1/2 Squeeze Orange Juice
- 10 teaspoons Green Or Black Tea Or 10 Tea Bags
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 4-½ cups Water
Bring water to a boil, remove from the heat.
- Add all the spices, ginger, orange zest, squeeze half the orange in, and drop the squeezed half in, add tea bags and leave to steep for 15 minutes or until the concentrate has the desired colour and flavour.
- Add honey, vanilla and stir.
- Remove the teabags.
- Strain the tea. ( After having made this i decided to leave all the spice in and just strain it when i wanted some. Though that won't work if you are using loose tea. If you leave the tea in for too long, it will become too bitter.)
- Steam some milk.
- Add the chai concentrate to some steamed milk - 2 parts concentrate to 1 part milk. ( We like it hot, but you can chose to have it cold over ice too.)